1. Fresh cut flowers in permanent holders are encouraged throughout the year. Flowers not in a permanent container will be removed.
2. Artificial flowers and decorations are only permitted November through March. Wreaths and winter decorations will be removed beginning February 1st or when they become unsightly.
3. Non-floral, stand-alone decorations are prohibited (e.g. balloons, pinwheels, shepherd’s hooks, holiday placards, trinkets, statues or garden/stepping stones).
4. Decorating the surrounding trees, shrubs or landscape with holiday ornaments, streamers, wind chimes, bird feeders, etc. is prohibited.
5. Potted plants on lots and graves are only permitted on Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Memorial Day, and will remain until the following Monday.
6. Flowerbeds or individual bushes, etc. are not permitted on any grave space including creation lots. Contact the cemetery office for a list of the types and costs of anything you may want to add to the cemetery or to your individual property.
7. Graves from recent interments are leveled, fertilized and seeded as weather permits. Funeral flowers are removed when unsightly or when maintenance is required, usually about one week after the funeral service.
8. Headstones can be placed only on graves after a full payment has been made. All headstones must be the flat, lawn level type.
9. Headstones are the property of the customer. Memorial appearance and maintenance are the owner’s responsibility. Cleaning and restoration services may be purchased through the cemetery office.
10. Dogs must be leashed at all times for their safety and for the safety of visitors. Please be respectful and pick up after your dog, and walk along roads and not in the memorial sections.
11. The speed limit on cemetery grounds is 15 miles per hour. Bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, skateboards, etc. must be walked while on cemetery grounds unless otherwise supervised and approved by cemetery management.
Grounds care is a continual concern at Eastlawn. We welcome any questions or suggestions for improvement and assure you these suggestions will be given our full attention. Please contact us at 216-421-2665 or [email protected].